Is My Specific Type of RV Covered by Astoria, OR Insurance Policies?

Depending on exactly what classification of recreational vehicle it is that you happen to own, your insurance prospects in Astoria OR may vary. Because there’s so much variety in the different makes and models of RVs that you could potentially have, the applicable insurance costs that insurers in the state of Oregon determine your eligibility for can vary greatly. The following are brief rundowns of the standard insurance rates provided to RV drivers in Astoria, OR.

Class-C Recreational Vehicles

Compared to other RVs, those in the Class-C category are usually easy to recognize by their distinctly truck-like appearance. Class-C RVs are fittingly described as being the in the “middle of the pack” when it comes to their overall living space and size. On average, the premium rates for Class-C recreational vehicles in Oregon will be just under $1000 a year.

Class-B Recreational Vehicles

Compared to Class-C and Class-A RVs, Class-B RVs are the smallest of the bunch. The Class-B RV is the category of choice for those who want a more compact vessel, but despite their cozier living space, they’re oftentimes designed with retractable camping components to help the owner get more mileage and utility out of their conservative size. A comprehensive Class-B RV insurance plan is typically anywhere from $1000 to $2000 dollars.

Class-A Recreational Vehicles

Class-A RVs are both the largest and generally most luxurious of all the classes. RVs in the Class-A category can be over 70 feet long and over 30,000 pounds. The generous amenities offered in Class-A RVs are reflected in their proportionally scaled insurance costs, commonly offered for around or even more than $2000 a year.

Learn More

No matter what your RV’s class may be, most complete RV insurance plans cover theft, collision damage, and natural disasters; however, the exact extent of the coverage will oftentimes depend both on the specific insurer you consult and your own track record as a driver. If you’d like to learn more about what to expect in terms of RV insurance coverage, feel free to contact us at Linda Dugan Insurance serving Astoria, OR.

Do I need flood insurance

Floods seem to be getting more common, and a lot of people are looking into flood insurance. You may wonder if you need it, but you should realize that it is not part of the homeowners’ insurance you already have. Flood insurance comes from a federal program and the policy is bought separately from your homeowners’ policy.

In Astoria, OR, the Linda Dugan Insurance agency can help you sort out insurance for your home and help you make the best possible decisions for your needs.

A lot of it depends on where you live, and where the floodplains are. Your insurance agent can show you maps that will explain where floods are likely, or even possible. The location of your house has a lot to do with whether you should consider flood insurance. This is becoming more of an issue for people living on or very near the beach. FEMA maps can also show you if your home is in a high-risk area, and if it is, insurance is definitely a good idea.

Call or come visit the Linda Dugan Insurance agency in Astoria, OR to discuss your insurance needs. if you are an existing customer, it is always a good idea to update your policy to make sure you are covered adequately. We can also help you get the right insurance if you do not yet have homeowners insurance. You will need to consider flood insurance on the building, and on the contents as separate items, just as you would with all kinds of insurance related to houses.

Obviously, you cannot wait until there is a flood to get insurance, and there are time limitations. There are many reasons for floods like storms that make rivers overflow. In recent years the sea levels have also been rising some and causing flooding in some areas.