By law, all Astoria, OR drivers must carry auto insurance. Having auto insurance protects you and your vehicle in the event of an accident or theft. Like homeowners insurance coverage, it is possible to customize auto insurance by selecting the different coverage options available. Additional information about coverage options available in Oregon is available by calling Linda Dugan Insurance.
Required Auto Insurance
Drivers in Oregon are required to carry auto insurance, and it mandates the minimum coverage all drivers must have. Below are details about the minimum insurance coverage required in Oregon:
- Liability Coverage: Covers the other driver’s medical expenses and property damage in the accident when you are at fault.
- Personal Injury Protection: Covers some of your medical expenses from an accident, regardless of who was at fault.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: Covers damage caused when hit by an uninsured or underinsured driver.
Of course, you must carry the minimum insurance coverage set forth by Oregon law, but other coverage options are available to help provide additional coverage. These different options make it possible to customize your insurance coverage, providing you the protection you and your vehicle need. Some optional insurance coverage available in Oregon include:
- Collision Coverage: Helps pay for your own vehicle’s damage caused by an accident that was your fault.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Covers damage to your car not caused by an accident but by other incidents, such as fire, floods, storms, and hail.
- Higher Bodily Injury Limits: Standard auto insurance limits what it covers, and adding higher bodily injury limits provides additional coverage for medical bills.
- Higher Property Damage Limits: Like higher bodily injury limits, this add-on coverage increases the amount paid for property damage.
Ensure you have enough auto insurance coverage for your vehicle in Astoria, OR. Call the agents at Linda Dugan Insurance today to learn more about auto insurance options available in Oregon.