What Protection Does Flood Insurance Provide?

Flooding is a common event in Oregon, putting homeowners at risk of financial loss due to flood damage. If you live in an area that’s prone to flooding, it’s important you prepare by purchasing flood insurance. With flood coverage from Linda Dugan Insurance, you can get compensation for damage to your home or loss of personal goods due to flooding. Here’s what you can expect from a typical flood policy.

Flood Insurance Coverage in Astoria, OR

Standard flood policies offer two types of protection – building coverage to protect your home and contents coverage for your belongings.

In addition to your home structure (ceiling, walls, flooring), building insurance covers your electrical system, plumbing, furnace, water heater, home appliances, carpeting, cabinetry, built-in bookshelves, paneling, window blinds, and more.

Contents insurance covers all your personal goods to include clothes, furniture, small kitchen appliances, electronics, washer & dryer, portable AC units, and area rugs. It also covers valuables like original artwork and posh jewelry up to the limit of $2,500.

If your home and possessions are important to you, take the time to protect these valuable investments with flood coverage.

Importance of Flood Coverage

As a homeowner in Astoria, OR, there are numerous reasons to consider purchasing a flood insurance policy. First, floods aren’t limited to flood zone areas – they can occur anywhere. That’s why it’s important to be prepared with flood coverage.  

Second, it doesn’t take much floodwater to cause extensive damage. Even a few inches of standing water can cause disastrous results. Third, home insurance doesn’t cover flooding. Without flood coverage, you could wind up paying for flood damage on your own.

Where to Purchase Flood Insurance

For your convenience, you can purchase flood coverage locally from Linda Dugan Insurance. We’ll help you determine the coverage best suited to your needs.

Is RV Insurance Required in Oregon?

You are ready to head out on the highway in your new RV, otherwise known as a recreational vehicle, but to do it with the peace of mind you deserve, you will need to obtain the proper RV insurance policy. The agents at Linda Dugan Insurance in Astoria, OR have the knowledge and experience with RV insurance to put you on the right road.

RV Liability Insurance

The state of Oregon, like nearly every other state in the United States, requires that all RV owners have at least a liability insurance policy that will cover injuries to people sustained in an accident deemed to be your fault and any property damage you may cause. Also, you must have liability insurance that will cover anyone that is visiting your RV and is injured in some type of mishap, such as a fall.

Collision Coverage

Collision insurance will cover damages and injuries that can occur if you are involved in an accident with another vehicle or an object. For example, if you back your RV into a camper at a campground you are staying at, this part of your insurance policy will cover damages to your RV and the other person’s camper.

Comprehensive Coverage

This type of insurance will cover your RV if it is damaged or destroyed due to a fire, vandalism, or natural disaster, such as a tornado. Comprehensive insurance will also help you replace your RV if it is stolen and can also cover your personal property inside your RV.

Call for a Quote

To obtain the perfect RV insurance policy that fits your situation, call upon the RV insurance agents at Linda Dugan Insurance in Astoria, OR today!