Oregon RV Insurance – What Type of Insurance Coverage is Needed?

When traveling for vacation and you’re out on the open road in your RV, you want to have peace of mind that should an accident or theft occur, you are covered.  Shopping around for RV insurance can seem like an overwhelming task but armed with a bit of knowledge, you can figure out what coverage is needed for your vehicle and traveling needs:

Collision Coverage:  One of the most important, collision coverage will cover any accidents that occur with another vehicle, no matter who is at fault.  Low branch collision is another collision coverage to add to the policy which provides insurance coverage for the AC unit, awnings, etc.

RV Liability Insurance:  Almost all states require liability insurance on an RV and Oregon is no different.  Coverage is needed for property damage that might be caused by you and bodily injury to another individual that might slip and fall while in your RV, for example.

RV Road Service or Roadside Assistance:  This will cover things such as a dead battery, running out of gas, towing and changing flat tires to name a few.  

Full-Timer Coverage:  If you live in your RV full-time, you’ll want to ensure that not on the RV is covered but all personal property inside is as well.  Asking about personal items replacement coverage is important when living full-time in an RV.

Linda Dugan Insurance, serving Astoria, has a knowledgeable team ready to help you get the best type of insurance you need for your RV so that when you’re out on the open-road, you’re on vacation.  Visit our website or call 503-440-3909 and a team member will answer any questions you might have and work with you to get the best coverage.


Astoria, Oregon: Do You Need to Insure Your Boat While Its In Storage?

Once your boat has been removed from the water and appropriate measures have been taken to winterize the boat while it is not in use, you should still consider purchasing a policy to protect it against theft, damage or vandalism while it is in storage. While the risk of damage may be minimal, if it does occur, it can result in several thousand dollars worth of damage. If you still have a loan on the boat from when it was first purchased, the policy will have to remain in place whether the boat is in the water or not.

Most facilities that offer boat storage are fenced in and have security cameras on the premises. That doesn’t stop people from gaining access, however. It also does not protect the boat from damage caused by the weather. Discuss what options you have available to you with your insurance agent. They will be able to advise you as to what type of policy is needed and how much insurance should be purchased to protect your overall investment.

In Astoria, Oregon, the residents can turn to the licensed agents at Linda Dugan Insurance if they have any questions pertaining to insuring their boat while it is in storage. The agents will help you determine what type of insurance you may need as well as how much should be purchased to sufficiently protect your financial investment. There are potential risks for damage, even if the boat is not on the water. Talking to your insurance agent will help you make the best decision towards protecting your assets.