Oregon RV Insurance – What Type of Insurance Coverage is Needed?

When traveling for vacation and you’re out on the open road in your RV, you want to have peace of mind that should an accident or theft occur, you are covered.  Shopping around for RV insurance can seem like an overwhelming task but armed with a bit of knowledge, you can figure out what coverage is needed for your vehicle and traveling needs:

Collision Coverage:  One of the most important, collision coverage will cover any accidents that occur with another vehicle, no matter who is at fault.  Low branch collision is another collision coverage to add to the policy which provides insurance coverage for the AC unit, awnings, etc.

RV Liability Insurance:  Almost all states require liability insurance on an RV and Oregon is no different.  Coverage is needed for property damage that might be caused by you and bodily injury to another individual that might slip and fall while in your RV, for example.

RV Road Service or Roadside Assistance:  This will cover things such as a dead battery, running out of gas, towing and changing flat tires to name a few.  

Full-Timer Coverage:  If you live in your RV full-time, you’ll want to ensure that not on the RV is covered but all personal property inside is as well.  Asking about personal items replacement coverage is important when living full-time in an RV.

Linda Dugan Insurance, serving Astoria, has a knowledgeable team ready to help you get the best type of insurance you need for your RV so that when you’re out on the open-road, you’re on vacation.  Visit our website or call 503-440-3909 and a team member will answer any questions you might have and work with you to get the best coverage.