How to get RV insurance

RV insurance is available through your automobile insurance. You may get insurance on this type vehicle just as you would on an automobile through Linda Dugan Insurance in Astoria, OR. Some liability is required on RVs that have to be registered, but there are some RVs that do not have to be registered. Your RV is probably valuable, so it makes sense to have coverage, and you can get the same coverage – liability, collision and comprehensive – that you get for your automobile.

If you have a loan you are paying on an RV, you will have to have insurance.

In Oregon, there are specific definitions for what an RV is. A camper is something that is pulled behind a motorized vehicle. It must have sleeping and cooking facilities and more than six feet long. If it is less than that, it is not considered an RV. A camper permanently attached to a truck is considered a motorhome, and part of the truck.

motorhome is like the above but has a permanently attached motor that drives the vehicle.

The need for liability insurance is obvious, as you must be able to pay for damage you cause. Most RV’s are valuable, so it also makes sense to have insurance that will cover the cost if your RV suffers major damage in an accident.

You must have proof of insurance to register the vehicle, and if it is of a certain size, it must be registered to be legal.

Call or come by and visit Linda Dugan Insurance in Astoria, OR to learn more about ensuring your RV.  You may also visit online to get more information. There are a lot of options available, so let us help you determine exactly what you need to fit your situation.

Does Flood Insurance Cover Mold Mitigation?

There are a ton of different things that you have to deal with when flooding occurs and one is mold even after the water is gone. That being said, mold mitigation can be very expensive and can end up costing more than you might imagine. Though it might seem like a simple cleanup, mitigation has several steps that are very involved in order to make a home safe to inhabit again after it has been infested with mold. For those that live in the Astoria, OR area, the agents with Linda Dugan Insurance can help you find the policy that works best for you.

Flood insurance covers a wide range of things from removing water and old carpets and other items that are damaged in the flooding, to mitigating mold after the water is gone. Part of the coverage that you get when you purchase flood insurance is of course the mold mitigation of any mold that grows as a direct result of the flooding that occurred. This means that you cannot claim mold that was already present in the home before the flooding occurred.

If the mold is a direct result of the flood, you can claim it on the policy and you can get the coverage that you need to get the mold cleaned up so that you can inhabit your home again. Mold mitigation can be expensive and without the right coverage you can end up paying thousands to get mold removed from your home. If you live in an area that floods frequently, you should look into flood insurance. For those that live in the Astoria, OR area, the agents with Linda Dugan Insurance can help you find the right policy that you need to make sure your home is safe after any sort of flooding.